This was taken after our 1st appointment with the Pediatric Cardiologist. Lacie Rae thought Baby Brother was sick since we had to go to the doctor (again) so she said she "needed to check him." I love everything about this picture - the fact that she is listening for his heart completely unprompted, her seriousness and most importantly the love and concern that she already shows for him. She is going to be an amazing big sister.
Yes she is!!!! And the fact that she immediately picked up on you being so upset during the U/S too. Who knows, maybe she will be a Pediatric Cardiologist when she grows up. This story has been so touching to me and I even work in healthcare and understand every word you are saying. WOW! Sitting here balling my eyes out not even being able to imagine! I know of a few children that were born with a CHD, whom had surgery, and are leading such normal lives like nothing ever happened. I love ya girl and let me know if you need ANYTHING!!! Sorry so late for a response but we were on vacation when I received the first blog email. Praying for you guys everyday!
ReplyDeleteDee- Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Since this is your specialty, please let me know if any of this technical stuff does not sound right - this is all just from my notes from our appointments and I still feel a little fuzzy on most of it. Love you and hope to see you soon! M
ReplyDelete