Thankfully, Lacie Rae was here when they moved us so she actually got to ride with us on the big "elebator" to take Baby Brother up here - and this was also the 1st time she's seen him since Monday morning. She had her poker face on but I think she was excited to see him. :)
We spent the afternoon working with Wyatt on nursing, hanging out and watching Aladdin w/ Lace. Speaking of Aladdin - this hospital is so incredible for a lot of different reasons but 1 is how accommodating they are to siblings of little ones that are here. We were in one of the many play rooms yesterday so Lacie could get some energy out (and we could check out a movie) and one of the volunteers came up and asked if she would like a goody bag. I told him that she wasn't the patient and he said "Oh I know but we like to serve the entire family that is here not just the patient" -- I'll admit, I teared up at that and he brought over this awesome gift bag with a sketch pad, markers, colored pencils, play doh, etc....she felt so special! Then he even brought her a "baby" one to bring back to the room for Baby Brother that had a couple of baby toys and a blanket. Both bags had cards in them and it seemed like maybe a boy or girl scout troop or church youth group or something like that put them together. I'll never be able to thank who ever did that but my goodness, I hope they know how much it means. It's the smallest of gestures that go the longest way.
Last night, 3/4 of our little family got to go down to the cafeteria to have dinner together. It was so nice to be able to feel somewhat normal again - LR was super excited and very animated which can make any day brighter!
Other than that, we've just been hanging out. They have started to let me give his meds to him to practice for home - which is just 3 - an ace inhibitor to improve his heart function, a diuretic to get rid of some extra fluid and Tylenol. They also let me un hook the monitors so that we can both get comfy to nurse and snuggle - which is nice b/c it gives me some time to get used to him not being hooked up 24/7. Again, it's a love/hate relationship with those things. His incision is relatively small and actually on his back - strange, I know, but that is the best way to get to the aorta - it's really simple to take caare of that - just soap and water 2x a day.
The dr.'s haven't rounded yet this morning so I'm anxious to see what the schedule is as far as discharging us goes. Maybe today or tomorrow. :)
| Riding in my new big boy bed to the 8th floor! |
| Cafeteria food isn't so bad! |
| Snug as a Bug in a Rug |
Is that an adult bed he's in ? My but he's a big boy!!! And he looks so chill just hanging out. So hard to believe that he just had heart surgery a few days ago! Soooo happy that everything is moving along well - words can't convey. <3
ReplyDelete